Why Give to Gladstone
Why support Gladstone?
Our human health discoveries are improving countless lives.
...and so much more.
- Won the Nobel Prize for discovering how to transform ordinary adult skin cells into cells that, like embryonic stem cells, are pluripotent—capable of becoming any cell in the body
- Identified a potential new therapy that may block AIDS, based on their discovery of how the body—and not the HIV virus—kills most of the immune system’s essential white blood cells
- Transformed non-beating cells into beating heart muscle cells with the potential to replace tissues destroyed by heart attack
- Discovered that a gene variant associated with long life may also help defend against Alzheimer’s and other diseases that impair cognition
- Used revolutionary drug cocktails to turn skin cells into fully functioning cells needed for regenerative medicine: a neuron, beating heart cell, liver cell, and insulin-producing pancreas cell
Watch our scientists describe extraordinary examples of the work made possible with philanthropic support:
Immunological and Viral Disease
Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine
For more information, please contact Gladstone Philanthropy at 415.734.2581 or email@example.com.